- Tanny and Fins BEAT down the Texans QB Tannehill sets an NFL completion record at 25 in a row as the Fins whip the Texans 44-26
- Dan Campbell replaces Philbin TE coach Dan Campbell is named interim head coach after Joe Philbin is let go
- Fins lose preseason game to Panthers 31-30 However, the Dolphin starters were dominate and took a 14-0 lead before they were pulled
- S Delmas lost for season Louis Delmas tore is ACL in practice with the Panthers
AFC East Draft Grades
There has been much media discussion with the Dolphins trade up for DE Dion Jordan. And most pundits have been favorable to this year’s Miami Dolphins draft.
But what about the rest of the AFC East? What about the teams that Miami squares off against twice a year?
Buffalo Bills – Trading down from #8 to #16 netted QB E.J. Manuel, LB Kiko Alonso, and TE Chris Gragg.
Can the accuracy issues Manuel displayed at FSU be corrected? I have my doubts because accuracy is rarely a trait that figures itself out (see Jake Locker) in the NFL. Manuel has the athleticism, character, and arm talent to justify the risk-reward, though.
2nd and 3rd round WR’s Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin add weapons to an offense that needs them.
New York Jets – CB Dee Milliner is no Darrelle Revis, but he was the BPA for the Jets at #9 with LB Barkevious Mingo and WR Tavon Austin off the board. I disagree whole-heartedly with the pick ofDT Sheldon Richardson because he will play out of place as a 3-4 DE, while forcing Quentin Copes to play out of place as a 3-4 OLB as well.
QB Geno Smith would have been terrific value for any team drafting in the mid-2nd round….but not for the Jets. Not in New York. Geno Smith IS the New York Jets for the next 3-4 years, and is a universal opinion is evolving that he’ll be unable to handle the New York media with a below-average offense cast to drag along.
G Brian Winters and OT Oday Aboushi were solid picks, and should start Week 1 at LG and RT.
Patriots –DE/OLB Jamie Collins is one of my favorite players in this draft, and the typical hybrid player that Bill Belichick has succeeded with in the past.
WR Aaron Dobson has great size, hands, and upside if he can learn to separate. Josh Boyce, the apple of Jeff Ireland’s eye in the 4th round, is a precise route runner in the Marty Booker role.
3rd-round DB’s Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon are perfect scheme fits.
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at http://www.finnation.com/Forums/
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by Brian Catanzaro (see all)
- Dolphins 53-man roster odds heading into Panthers game - August 21, 2015
- Dolphins 53-man roster odds - August 8, 2014
- Dolphins Top-50 Draft Board (2nd Round Considerations) - May 8, 2014