- Fins cut Grimes The Fins release CB Brent Grimes, freeing $6.5 million in cap space
- Mario Williams signed DE Mario Williams signs a 2 years deal with the Fins
- Fins trade for CB Maxwell Fins swap 1st round picks with the Eagles for CB Maxwell and LB Alonso
- Adam Gase hired Coach Gase was hired as head coach of the Dolphins
Day 2 was ‘good’ but it could have been MUCH better!
Dolphins get Landry in Round 2 (a player to momentarily subdue the ‘ball watchers’ who wanted a SEXY pick)
Here’s hoping that Miami has learned from their past mistakes and actually lets Landry FULLY recover from his injured hamstring instead of pushing him to workout (see Taylor, Thomas, Davis and Jordan).
They got less value for their trade backs than any other team in Round 2. Miami got a 4th to move back once (to #57) and a 5th to move back again (to 63). Meanwhile, 49ers got a 5th this year AND a 4th NEXT year to move back from 56 and only gave up a 5th to get back up to 57.
Add to that the inexplicable reasoning of allowing SF to give you 63 (one spot AFTER Pats) instead of pick 61 (one spot BEFORE Pats).
THEN to move up into the beginning of Round 3, they give up their FIRST 4th round pick?! How do they only get a 5th to move back but give up an EARLY 4th to move up?!
Miami selects Billy Turner who played Tackle at N Dakota St but projects to Guard in NFL.
Philbin/Hickey later RAVE about Turner’s ‘versatility’. I hope that sounds familiar because they did the EXACT same thing LAST year when talking about Dallas Thomas, who couldn’t get on the field at EITHER position. Fast forward to THIS year and Philbin STILL doesn’t know where Thomas is going to play!!! SCREW ‘versatility’. James may have been a ‘reach’ at 19 but at least we know where he is going to play!
While ALL this was going on, Hickey’s wheeling/dealing cost Miami the chance to draft one of the 2nd tier TEs AND the only other two MLB in the draft that have ANY shot of playing this year (aside from Special Teams).
I hope Landry turns out to be Welker and McDuffie rolled into one because Miami drafted its projected FOURTH WR in the 2nd round and bypassed SEVERAL major needs to do it.
Latest posts by Matthew Stevens (see all)
- Worst WIN in Dolphins recent history? - December 6, 2015
- 19 players in the draft I would like to see in a Dolphins uniform…. - April 21, 2015
- Mock Draft 1.0 - April 7, 2015