- Mike Tannenbaum hired... ...as Dolphins' executive VP of football operations
- Philbin retained Coach Philbin was given a contract extension
- Fins season ends on low note Jets down the Fins to end their season 8-8
- CB Will Davis out for season Miami placed CB Will Davis on the IR, ending his season
Dolphins release 1st Depth Chart
While it’s still early and a lot can change, fans get their first glimpse of what the Dolphins would look like if they fielded the team today.
- Legedu Naanee a starting WR. I wouldn’t have guessed that a month ago.
- Roberto Wallace 4th behind Chad Johnson on one side – meaning he’s 8th or 9th at the position behind Marlon Moore and Jeff Fuller, possibly Rishard Matthews also (who has the advantage of being drafted by this regime).
- Lydon Murtha back-up LT, meaning Jonathan Martin has locked up the starting position at RT; and fellow rookie Andrew McDonald the back up RT.
- RG John Jerry 3rd and looking like a long shot to make the final 53 man roster.
- Undrafted rookie FA Derrick Shelby @ 2nd RDE. The undersized 6’3″ 270 lb DE from Utah isn’t particularly fast (4.85 to 5.0 in the 40 yard dash) or big, didn’t produce a lot sacks in college and went undrafted because he was inconsistent.
- CB Vontae Davis 2nd behind Richard Marshall. Based on reports Davis hasn’t improved his practice efforts.
- Marcus Thigpen, 5th on theRBchartbut1st at KR and 2nd at PR looks like a lock to make the roster.
<ahref=”http://thefinsiders.com/blog/2012/dolphins-release-first-depth-chart-of-2012″><imgclass="” src=”https://p.twimg.com/AzoDFtRCAAEhmnx.png:large” alt=”1st Dolphins Depth Chart” width=”449″ height=”431″ /> 1st Dolphins Depth Chart courtesy Jesse Agler on theFinsiders.com Join us on our message board and share your thoughts!! FinNation Forums
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation and on Facebook!
Latest posts by Michael Miller (see all)
- Incognito saga gets more convoluted - November 7, 2013
- Is Jonathan Martin a Hero in “Bullygate”? - November 4, 2013
- Forget the offense. Miami’s fate depends on the defense. - October 11, 2013