- Marino to join front office Miami has hired Marino as a special adviser to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and CEO Tom Garfinkel
- Miami over Dallas Miami won it's preseason game 25-20, but showed they still have things to work on
- TE Egnew cut The Miami Dolphins have released former 3rd round pick Michael Egnew
- Fins outlast Bucs 20-14 It wasn't pretty at times, but the Fins manage a preseason win over the Bucs
Dolphins release K Dan Carpenter
The Miami Dolphins released K Dan Carpenter today, which paves the way for rookie 5th round pick Caleb Sturgis to be the team’s kicker for the 2013 season.
According to the Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero, Carpenter’s release will save the Dolphins close to $1.9 million this season.
Carpenter has converted 81.9% of his Field Goals since winning the job as an undrafted Free Agent out of Montana as a rookie in 2008. Over the last two seasons, Carpenter is 47-for-52 (90.3%) on FG attempts under 50 yards, but only 4-for-9 from 50+ (44.4%).
Caleb Sturgis likely put the nail in Carpenter’s coffin in last Friday’s game against the Jaguars with FG’s of 36 and 58 yards.
Look for Dan Carpenter to be signed quickly.
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at FinNation Forums
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by Brian Catanzaro (see all)
- Dolphins 53-man roster odds - August 8, 2014
- Dolphins Top-50 Draft Board (2nd Round Considerations) - May 8, 2014
- Dolphins Top-50 Draft Board: 21-35 (Trade Downs or 2nd Round Values?) - May 7, 2014