- GM Jeff Ireland Resigns Dolphins announce that GM Jeff Ireland mutually agrees to part with Miami
- OC Mike Sherman fired The Dolphins terminated OC Mike Sherman
- No playoffs - 5 years and counting The Jets ended Miami's playoff hopes by beating them 20-7
- Fins end losing streak to Pats Dolphins holds on to beat the Pats 24-20 in Miami
Dolphins sign OL D. Thomas, only DE D. Jordan remains unsigned
The Miami Dolphins have announced that they have signed third round pick (#77) OL Dallas Thomas today. Early mini camp reports had Thomas playing at a variety of positions, so it will be interesting to see where Thomas ends up.
Only one 2013 draft pick remains unsigned: #3 DE/OLB Dion Jordan. Due to league rules, Jordan isn’t even eligible to report until after June 17 when the Oregon school year is finished. It might be a while before Jordan signs with Miami though.
Early reports indicated that Executive Vice President of Football Administration Dawn Aponte is drawing a hard line on inserting “offset language” into Jordan’s contract. “Offset language” would allow Miami to recoup guaranteed money from Jordan in the event the Dolphins cut him and he is subsequently signed by another team.
Seems reasonable and QB Ryan Tannehill agreed to similar language in his contract last year. However, most other top 5 picks don’t contain the offset language,so this could become a major sticking pointinotherwisestraightforward negotiations. Hopefully Jordan is signed before training camp starts on July 26th.Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at FinNation ForumsJoin us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by Michael Miller (see all)
- Incognito saga gets more convoluted - November 7, 2013
- Is Jonathan Martin a Hero in “Bullygate”? - November 4, 2013
- Forget the offense. Miami’s fate depends on the defense. - October 11, 2013