- QB Ryan Tannehill signs extension Tannehill signs 6 year $96 mil extension!
- Welcome to Miami Mr. Parker Fins select WR DeVante Parker with the 1st pick of the 2015 draft
- Dion Jordan suspended 2015 season Media reports a third failed drug test, resulting in a year long suspension for Jordan
- WR Greg Jennings a Fin Jennings deal is reportedly a 2 year deal worth $8 million
Finally, Ross starting to get it!
I have been a huge critic of Dolphin owner Stephen Ross over the past year. I haven’t had much to say about Ross that was not negative. But let’s face it, there has been plenty in Dolphinland to be critical of.
However. when someone does something that I feel is a big step in changing the face of the organization for the better, I give kudos.
So what am I talking about? The hiring of Joe Philbin? Well obviously I was happy about that. But no, I want to give kudos to Ross for opening up the Dolphins organization by increasing the flow of news and information to the media and fans.
Just this past week, Jeff Ireland gave his first interview in forever at the Senior Bowl. He mentioned finding a QB is the Dolphins top priority. He also brought up the fact that Miami maybe switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense. Think he could of done that on Parcell’s watch?
In addition, Stpehen Ross,JoePhilbin,CEOMike Dees, and Jeff Ireland paid a visit to the Sun-Sentinel newspaper offices where they took questionsfromreporterslikeDave Hyde. And they plan on visiting other local media sources in the coming days. As Dave Hyde stated,
The real winners here in are the fans. It makes the flow of information better and it easier for fans to follow the team.
You can read the full article by clicking here.Obviously we as Dolphin fans want to see if this trend continues. But at least it is a step in the right direction. So mad props to owner Stephen Ross for trying to change the image of the Miami Dolphins into a more fan friendly organization!Join us on our message board and share your thoughts!! FinNation Forums
Follow us on Twitter @FinNation and on Facebook!
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014
- Fin’s Draft – Final Thoughts - May 12, 2014