- Fins lose preseason game to Panthers 31-30 However, the Dolphin starters were dominate and took a 14-0 lead before they were pulled
- S Delmas lost for season Louis Delmas tore is ACL in practice with the Panthers
- Dolphins lose in preseason to Bears Miami's starters looked great, but the backups dropped to the Bears, 27-10
- Parker's return still uncertain WR Devante Parker is not sure if he will be ready for the season opener
Fins 2013 Draft Final Thoughts Part I
The NFL draft is over, and so begins the “long, dark winter” of Football off-season. No more football related news until July….unless you count the endless parade of offensive tackles that Miami is bringing in.
So as we as fans begin our “hibernation” from football, I thought I would wind down with some final thoughts on this year’s draft.
Is there a Fin fan that isn’t happy with Miami trading up to select DE Dion Jordon? I haven’t found one yet. At most, I’ve chatted with a few guys who are cautiously optimistic about it. Everyone else….thrilled!
Almost everyone agrees that Miami got a bargain in terms of what it cost them to move up. Miami should have worn a mask to the trade with the Raiders because the Fins almost stole the #3 pick.
To the media pundits who said that Miami reached for Jordon, I just have to shake my head. Two weeks ago there wasn’t a mock draft out there that didn’t have Jordon going in the top 3….top 5 at worst.
Miami trades up9 spots to take the best defensive player in the draft, and fills a need doing it.
I want to caution Miami fans right now. Jordon does not graduate from Oregon until June. And he is still recovering from surgery on his torn labrum. So he will need 3 or 4 months to fully recover.
That means no rookie camps, spring OTAs….nothing.
He will be ready for the start of the season, but I promise you he’ll be behind the learning curve. (Just like OT Jonathon Martin was last year.)
Jordon will start from day 1, but he will need time to develop. Jordon was a “long term” pick, meaning the team expects a big payoff further down the road, not after his first few weeks.
He is going to have a few growing pains. But that won’t stop some Fin fans from labeling him a bust because he isn’t playing like Jason Taylor after Week 3.
Look for Part II in the next day or so.
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at http://www.finnation.com/Forums/
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Count down to Dolphin roster cuts - August 19, 2015
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014