- QB Ryan Tannehill signs extension Tannehill signs 6 year $96 mil extension!
- Welcome to Miami Mr. Parker Fins select WR DeVante Parker with the 1st pick of the 2015 draft
- Dion Jordan suspended 2015 season Media reports a third failed drug test, resulting in a year long suspension for Jordan
- WR Greg Jennings a Fin Jennings deal is reportedly a 2 year deal worth $8 million
Fins Draft Shows Versatility
Dion Jordon. Dallas Thomas. Jelani Jenkins. What do these three players have in common? Aside from them being Miami Dolphins, all three are versatile enough to play different positions.
And that was seemingly the theme of this year’s Miami Dolphin draft.
Jordon, an amazing athlete, could play the ROLB spot when the Fins line up in the 3-4 defense. He can also transition to the strong side LB or DE in a 4-3 defense.
Many times while at Oregon, Jordon dropped back into coverage on the TE or slot receiver, giving defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle the ability to disguise what Jordon will be doing.
Costing the Fins only the #12 and #42 picks, Jordon could prove to be a huge bain for opposing offenses for years to come.
Dallas Thomas, a two year starter at LT for Tenneesse, was moved inside to the left guard spot for his senior year. While some question if his footwork is good enough to transition to a OT in the NFL, he does have experience playing both.
He had a stellar career at Tennessee, and did not give up a single sack in his last two seasons there. Think about that. He faced vaunted defenses like Alabama and LSU, and not a single sack.Jelani Jenkins is a bit undersized in my opinion, but played both inside and outside linebacker while at Florida. This former Gator is agile enough to drop back into coverage (the Fins need coverage LBs as guys like Wheeler and Ellerbe are better suited as blitzers) but also quick enough to close in on opposing RBs.I expect Jenkins to contribute significantly on special teams.
Regardless of whether you love or hate this draft, there is no denying that Miami wanted versatility on the roster. And that is what they got.
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at http://www.finnation.com/Forums/
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014
- Fin’s Draft – Final Thoughts - May 12, 2014