- Tanny and Fins BEAT down the Texans QB Tannehill sets an NFL completion record at 25 in a row as the Fins whip the Texans 44-26
- Dan Campbell replaces Philbin TE coach Dan Campbell is named interim head coach after Joe Philbin is let go
- Fins lose preseason game to Panthers 31-30 However, the Dolphin starters were dominate and took a 14-0 lead before they were pulled
- S Delmas lost for season Louis Delmas tore is ACL in practice with the Panthers
Fins Mailbag 6-25-13
Damn I hate this time of year. Little to no news on the Miami Dolphins. But I have still received a few emails with questions over the last few days. So here are the latest….
Q. – The Dolphins MUST get Leach…wouldn’t you agree?
— Phil88, Unknown
A. – To me, Vonta Leach would be a nice addition, but not a necessity. I think Miami will use a 3 WR, 1 TE and 1 RB scheme more so than anything else.
Leach is one of the best FBs in the league. He’s a better blocker and has better hands than any FB currently on the roster in my opinion. But like I said, I think he would be more of a luxury at this point.
Q. – What do you think of (Stephen) Ross’s forming of a PAC (Political Action Committee)?
A. – I think it speaks to a much larger issue…the role of the “Almighty Dollar” in politics.
I’m not saying I agree or disagree with Ross’s decision. But rather, I see it as a sad commentary on the fact that political will is unfairly influenced towards those with the fattest wallets. Andrew Jackson once said,
It is tobe regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes.
Should Will Weatherspoon have let it go to a vote of the people? Probably. Was his decision not to let it go to a vote of the people politically (monetarily) motivated? Most likely. Would it of passed? Who knows. But I’ll get off my soapbox now.
Q. – What do you think about the whole Aaron Hernandez thing? Think he is guilty? Why hasn’t your site had more coverage on it?
A. – To answer your last question first, we are a Dolphins site, and we try to cover the Dolphins first and foremost. While losing Hernandez would certainly hurt the Patriots and thereby help the Fins, we don’t feel the need to cover all the topics of other NFL teams. That’s why you don’t get updates on the injury status of Gronkowski or how Geno Smith looked in Jets OTAs.
That being said, while being served two different search warrants of his house and possessions and his destruction of possible evidence does not bode well for Mr. Hernandez, there is the whole “presumption of innocence” thing. A lot of people in our “Nancy Grace – sensationalism” society tend to forget that.
Have a question for us? Drop us an email by clicking here.
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at FinNation Forums
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Count down to Dolphin roster cuts - August 19, 2015
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014