- Fins cut Grimes The Fins release CB Brent Grimes, freeing $6.5 million in cap space
- Mario Williams signed DE Mario Williams signs a 2 years deal with the Fins
- Fins trade for CB Maxwell Fins swap 1st round picks with the Eagles for CB Maxwell and LB Alonso
- Adam Gase hired Coach Gase was hired as head coach of the Dolphins
Free agency wrap up – Day III
Although the signings have slowed down across the NFL, the free agent activity in Miami is still moving along at a brisk pace.
CB Sean Smith is now a Kansas City Chief. He signed a 3 year deal worth around $18 million dollars. About $11 million of it is in guaranteed money.
The Dolphins hosted several free agents, most notably TE Dustin Keller (Jets), DE Michael Bennett (Bucs), LB Thomas Howard (Bengals), and OG Lance Louis (Bears).
As of this writing, Keller has left the Fins facility with no contract offer, though both sides said they will keep in touch. Keller was a 1st round pick for the Jets in 2008.
Bennett posted 34 tackles and 9 sacks with the Bucs last year.
Howard played for the Bengals for the past two seasons, and is familiar with defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle.
Louis was a 7th round draft pick for the Bears in 2009, and has 28 starts for them since being drafted. Both Howard and Louis had injuries last season.
Update: It is being reported that DEMichaelBennettsigneda 1 year, $5 million contract with the Seahawks.Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at FinNation ForumsJoin us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Count down to Dolphin roster cuts - August 19, 2015
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014