- Tanny and Fins BEAT down the Texans QB Tannehill sets an NFL completion record at 25 in a row as the Fins whip the Texans 44-26
- Dan Campbell replaces Philbin TE coach Dan Campbell is named interim head coach after Joe Philbin is let go
- Fins lose preseason game to Panthers 31-30 However, the Dolphin starters were dominate and took a 14-0 lead before they were pulled
- S Delmas lost for season Louis Delmas tore is ACL in practice with the Panthers
Long gone: LT Jake Long picks Rams over Dolphins
Despite a reported late push by Miami, Jake Long ultimately decided to move to the St. Louis Rams. Early reports indicate Long signed a 4 year $34 million contract, with a $16 million signing bonus, a $4 million dollar roster bonus in 2014, and another $2 million in incentives (which would make the deal $36 million).
The deal averages $8.5 million before incentives and is at least a 2 year deal (since cutting/trading him after one year would accelerate $12 mil in prorated signing bonus into the 2014 cap) averaging at least $10 mil for those 2 years.
If I had to speculate, those terms were probably at least slightly higher than what Miami was offering. I also bet Long’s agent, CAA, was pushing for whichever team offered the largest contract seeing how the entire tackle market has been on hold waiting for Long to set the market.
The question for the Dolphins now is do they pursue zone blocking scheme RT Eric Winston, another free agent alternative, or draft a tackle? Seeing as Miami was willing to investheavilyintackle,we shouldn’t be surprised to hear Winston is visiting/joining the Dolphins. Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at FinNation ForumsJoin us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by Michael Miller (see all)
- Incognito saga gets more convoluted - November 7, 2013
- Is Jonathan Martin a Hero in “Bullygate”? - November 4, 2013
- Forget the offense. Miami’s fate depends on the defense. - October 11, 2013