- Fins cut Grimes The Fins release CB Brent Grimes, freeing $6.5 million in cap space
- Mario Williams signed DE Mario Williams signs a 2 years deal with the Fins
- Fins trade for CB Maxwell Fins swap 1st round picks with the Eagles for CB Maxwell and LB Alonso
- Adam Gase hired Coach Gase was hired as head coach of the Dolphins
Luck riddles Fins, drops Miami to 4-4
Colts QB Andrew Luck set a NFL rookie passing record with 433 yards passing, and the Colts held on to beat the Dolphins 23-20. Luck threw 30 of 48 passes for 433 yards with two TDs, and the Miami defense had no answers.
To make matters worse, the Colts were 13 of 19 on 3rd down conversion, a huge surprise against a defense that was the best in the NFL on stopping 3rd down conversion. Of those 13 conversions, 10 of them were for 5 yards or greater by my count.
Tannehill had solid stats, going 22-of-38 passing for 290 yards and a TD. That’s 90.9 QB rating. But the Colts were able to apply very effective pressure on Tannehill, especially in the second half. That was enough to knock Tannehill out of sync. On the final two drives, Tannehill seemed flustered and overthrew several receivers.
The defense did a poor job of applying pressure to Luck, and even worse job defending the pass.
Miami fans to4-4,andarenow a game behind the Colts in the playoff chase.Join us on our message board and shareyourthoughts!!Getstarted here! FinNation ForumsJoin us on Twitter at @FinNation and on Facebook! Or contact us here!
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Count down to Dolphin roster cuts - August 19, 2015
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014