- Fins fire OL coach Turner Jim Turner and head trainer Kevin Oneill were fired today by the Miami Dolphins
- Fins hire new GM Miami Dolphins announce Dennis Hickey as their new GM
- GM Jeff Ireland Resigns Dolphins announce that GM Jeff Ireland mutually agrees to part with Miami
- OC Mike Sherman fired The Dolphins terminated OC Mike Sherman
Mailbag FA Part II
Yesterday’s mailbag article brought in several more email questions, so I thought I’d post them. You keep sending them, and I’ll keep posting them. Enjoy!
1)Taking everything into account (not just talent, but injury, compensation, likely contract, etc.) how would you rank the five OTs the ‘Phins are said to be interested in (Winston, Clabo, McKinnie, Justice and Albert?–Deof Movestofca, Calif?
I would rate Winston at the top followed closely by Clabo. Winston is the youngest of the OTs, and fits the zone blocking scheme.
Winston Justice would be ok….but I think Eric Winston is a better scheme fit while Clabo is a better overall OT than Justice. Just my opinion.
McKinney is the only true left tackle….but he the oldest of the group….has a few injury concerns….and is a known partier. South Beach and that lifestyle? I’m not keen on Bryant.
As for Albert, I don’t want him. Not for a second rounder…..not for $8 million plus a year. I think the trade for him is “deader than Elvis”.
2) What would you think about thepossibilitythattheytrade for the Jag’s OT Monroe?–Deof Movestofca, Calif?I’d trade a second rounder for Eugene Monroe all day long. But I’m guessing the Jags will want a 1st round pick. Not sure I could pull the trigger on that one with the above mentioned OTs on the market. (And the fact that after the whole Ricky Williams thing, I’m not a fan of giving up 1st rounders.)You seemed to love this draft. Was there any part you didn’t like?–Chuck, Unknown
I’m working on part II of my final thoughts on the Fins 2013 draft. Here is what I said:
If I have one complaint about this entire draft, it is the fact that Miami traded out of the 3rd round, only to trade back up into it to select CB Will Davis out of Utah State.
I was against trading down….so then turning around and trading back up was a head scratcher. I’m also not completely sold on Davis, but am willing to give him a chance to prove himself.
You can read the whole article here.
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at http://www.finnation.com/Forums/
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation