- Tanny and Fins BEAT down the Texans QB Tannehill sets an NFL completion record at 25 in a row as the Fins whip the Texans 44-26
- Dan Campbell replaces Philbin TE coach Dan Campbell is named interim head coach after Joe Philbin is let go
- Fins lose preseason game to Panthers 31-30 However, the Dolphin starters were dominate and took a 14-0 lead before they were pulled
- S Delmas lost for season Louis Delmas tore is ACL in practice with the Panthers
Mailbag – Free Agent Addition
Over the past few days I have received several emails asking about various NFL free agents still on the market. So I thought it would be a great time to open up the ‘ol mailbag and answer some of these questions.
Question – Its going take Dion Jordon time to mature. Dwight Freeney is still out there so why not sign until he (Dion) is ready? Brett – Boca Rotan
Answer – Dion will play this year. So will guys like Derrick Shelby and Olivier Vernon. They need plays and practice to develop. The more snaps they get, the more they can develop. A guy like Freeney takes snaps away from those players. So no thanks.
Question – Are the Dolphins going to settle on a tackle already? Fred – Connecticut
Answer – I sure hope so. Out of Winston, Clabo, McKinney, and Justice, I like Winston the most. He is the youngest and best fits Philbin’s zone blocking scheme. No injury problems. Clabo is a very close second.
Question – Hey what about signing Tim Tebow to play TE? Zach – Jacksonville
Answer – Damn….I was hoping to escape this question. There is no doubt that Tebow would help selltickets. And I think the “hoopla” surrounding him is slowly dwindling. But until Timmy realizes what everyone else already realizes (that you won’t play QB in the NFL) I don’t think any NFL team will bite, including Miami.
Question – Do any of the players (undrafted free agents) that Miami signed have a realistic shot of making the 53 man roster? Mike – Florida
Answer – Well Mike, I turned to the site’s draft Guru, Brian Cantanzaro for his opinion on this.
LB Alonzo Highsmith was Arkansas leading tackler before being sidelined last October with a foot injury. He almost certainly would of been drafted because he is versatile with NFL measurables – 6’2, 235 lbs who could run in the 4.7 range before his injury.
I could see him beating out Jonathan Freeny or Jason Trusnik in training camp for the 6th and final LB spot.
Have a question you want us to answer? Click here to send it to us!
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at http://www.finnation.com/Forums/
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Count down to Dolphin roster cuts - August 19, 2015
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014