- Fins shut down Jets Miami's defense dominates in a 23-3 victory at New York
- RB Daniel Thomas out indefinitely An ankle injury could keep Thomas out for an extended period
- Fins hold off Chargers Brent Grimes' last second deflection sealed Miami's victory
- Fins lose lead and game to Bucs Stupid penalties and missed tackles put the Fins season in doubt
Man Up – What is your Upper Limit on Mike Wallace?
There are a couple rules in life I try to live by; one of them is that “I can’t please everyone”. This rule is something that Jeff Ireland certainly knows first-hand in his time with the Miami Dolphins.
With this rule in mind, once our major free agent target Mike Wallace signs a new contract here in Miami or elsewhere, it is inevitable that there will be fans on both sides of the fence who will paint Ireland as either a Hero or a Villain.
Some will praise Mr. Ireland for landing Mike Wallace no matter the cost and with the same passion others will chastise him for carelessly over-spending. If Mike Wallace signs for another team for an exorbitant amount Ireland’s name will be dragged through the mud by fans saying that he is incapable of signing marquee talent and that he is a penny pincher with no guts. While others will say it was the prudent move not to dump that much cap space chasing Mike Wallace’s escalating price.
The one certainty is that there will be detractors and supporters regardless oftheoutcome,butthe difference between us and Mr. Ireland is that we will be able to make our judgements with hindsight, after the fact! So here is an opportunity for all you to put yourselves in Jeff Ireland’s shoes; speak now or forever hold your peace.
What is your upper limit price for Mike Wallace?
- Please quote both a 5yr and 7yr deal terms.- Above your upper limit is the price at which you walk away from Mike Wallace.
- Keep it simple, lets not worry about contract structure at this point.
I will start the ball rolling by stating mine
5y $60m with $30m guaranteed
7y $75m with $42m guaranteed
Man Up – Post your 5y and 7y deal terms in the comments section below, try to remain simple as I have done above.
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at FinNation Forums
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by Max Lukas (see all)
- Miami Dolphins – Signed UDFA WR Terrell Sinkfield - April 30, 2013
- 2013 Miami Dolphins – Projected Starters and Camp Battles - April 28, 2013
- NFL DRAFT DAY 2 – Roller Coaster - April 27, 2013