- Fins cut Grimes The Fins release CB Brent Grimes, freeing $6.5 million in cap space
- Mario Williams signed DE Mario Williams signs a 2 years deal with the Fins
- Fins trade for CB Maxwell Fins swap 1st round picks with the Eagles for CB Maxwell and LB Alonso
- Adam Gase hired Coach Gase was hired as head coach of the Dolphins
Miami’s next hidden gem
The Dolphins (and their fans) are always on the hunt for the next “hidden gem”. Jeff Ireland is known for not leaving any stone unturned, always looking for that “acorn”.
Well, I think Miami’s next gem won’t be on the field on Sundays, he’ll be on the sidelines, coaching the Fins defensive line. I expect defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers days with the Fins maybe numbered, as other teams are surely taking notice of his accomplishments.
A 4 year letterman out of the university of Tennessee, Kacy played linebacker and defensive end. He was an undrafted free agent with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Kacy Rodgers was brought into Miami with coach Sparano in 2008, and the effects of his impact were felt almost immediately. The Dolphins run defense has been consistently in the top 10 in the NFL. In 2011 the Dolphins were 3rd in the NFL against the run. Last year, they were 7th.
While Rodgers was a coach in Dallas, the Cowboys defense was in the top 10intheNFLagainst the run.Look at the some of the players that Kacy has helped develop:
- Paul Soliai – Pro Bowler after struggling before Kacy’s arrival
- Randy Starks – Pro Bowler after Titans cut him loose
- Cameron Wake – Pro Bowler is who arguably the best player on the Fins after being found in CFL
- Olivier Vernon, Derrick Shelby, Jared Odrick, and Kheeston Randall – All having their best training camp yet!
I CANNOT wait to see what he can do with Dion Jordon!
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at FinNation Forums
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Count down to Dolphin roster cuts - August 19, 2015
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014