- Marino to join front office Miami has hired Marino as a special adviser to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and CEO Tom Garfinkel
- Miami over Dallas Miami won it's preseason game 25-20, but showed they still have things to work on
- TE Egnew cut The Miami Dolphins have released former 3rd round pick Michael Egnew
- Fins outlast Bucs 20-14 It wasn't pretty at times, but the Fins manage a preseason win over the Bucs
Mike Wallace 2012 Full Season Part 1 and 2
Mike Wallace had a challenging year. Wallace lost his quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for part of the season, and he also had to deal with a newoffensivescheme by new OC Todd Haley. Roethlisberger’s backup Byron Leftwich also got injured which led to the uninspiring display of quarterbacking skills by perennial clip-board holder Charlie Batch, it was dreadful to watch.
Beyond that, new OC Todd Haley’s offensive style was a far cry from Pittsburgh’s aggressive vertical style passing attack of recent years. Haley has developed a reputation for a heavy run emphasis supplemented by high percentage short yardage throws. This change in philosophy took away from two of Pittsburgh’s main strengths; Roethlisberger’s ability to buy time by extending his pocket and Mike Wallace’s ability to stretch the field vertically.
The down season for Wallace was not a major disaster (Free Agents 2012 Stats here), however, it could not have come at a more inopportune time for Wallace being that hewasinhiscontractyear. The respect that DBs gave Wallace was evident; from the cushion he received pre-snap, to the everpresentsafety help overthetop. Wallace had many spectacular plays in 2012, but also had a couple issues with his hands that worried me a bit, dropping passes before initial contact and allowing the ball to get into his body on occasion. Yet he remains a threat to score on every play and must be accounted for at all times.Join us on our message board and share your thoughts!! Get started here! FinNation ForumsJoin us on Twitter at @FinNation and on Facebook! Or contact us here
Latest posts by Max Lukas (see all)
- Miami Dolphins – Signed UDFA WR Terrell Sinkfield - April 30, 2013
- 2013 Miami Dolphins – Projected Starters and Camp Battles - April 28, 2013
- NFL DRAFT DAY 2 – Roller Coaster - April 27, 2013