- WR Greg Jennings a Fin Jennings deal is reportedly a 2 year deal worth $8 million
- OC Mike Pouncey signs contract extension Reports say the deal is a 5 year deal worth 44.75 million with 22 million guaranteed
- TE Clay signs with the Bills A 5 year deal worth $38 million with $20 million guaranteed...Fins declined to match
- WR Wallace traded to the Vikings Fins send Wallace and a 7th round pick to Viks for a 5th rounder
There are 9 other NFL teams that have a power structure similar to the structure Stephen Ross has tried to implement here in Miami.
Ross’s vision is a collaborative union between the coaches, GM, and the accounting side of the football operation.
Recently we’re heard that things were not working as smoothly as one would hope. There was friction between Jeff Ireland, and Joe Philbin. To what extent is up to speculation. The report stated Philbin was a strong supporter of bringing in Brandon Albert to man the LT position during last seasons free agency period. Jeff Ireland refused because he insisted the team would be okay with 2nd round draft pick Jonathon Martin.
These types of conflicts made it imperative Ross find a General Manager that could be flexible and willing to shelf his ego during times like these. Ireland drafted Martin high, and he drafted him to play LT eventually. Certainly he had to feel that benching him, or even continuing him at RT would be an indication that Ireland had made an error in judgment.
In 201 Continue reading
The Miami Dolphins have begun their search for former Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland’s replacement. The Dolphins have conducted three interviews this weekend.
Those interviewed so far include Dolphins Assistant General Manager Brian Gaine, Arizona Cardinals Vice President of Player Personnel Jason Licht, and Pittsburgh Steelers Director of Football and Business Administration Omar Kahn
Miami has also received permission to interview the Philadelphia Eagles’ Tom Gamble, the New York Giants’ Marc Ross, the Cleveland Browns’ Ray Farmer, and the Tennessee Titans’ Lake Dawson.
Miami reached out to the Baltimore Raven’s Assistant General Manager Eric DeCosta, but he declined to be interviewed.
Most Dolphin fans have been screaming for Ireland’s head for over 3 years. Even steadfast Ireland supporters have softened their stance over the past year. We’ve seen web pages, and airplane banners demanding as much. Fireland became his nickname. I’d put him right up there just above Sammie Smith as the most hated Miami sports figure ever.
Most Dolphin fans have been screaming for Sherman’s head for most of this season. Whether it’s “improper use of personal” or “Go, Go-Go.” Most everyone saw Sherman as part of the problem, rather then the solution. A report came out that suggested the team did not put enough practice time into the long ball, and that was probably the straw that broke the camels back in the fans mind. Not allowing Tannehill to use his legs more was another major area of contention. I actually felt the fans were tough on Sherman, but there was certainly justification for a change.
Ross listened. He not only heard you, but he acted on what he heard. You know Philbin could not have possibly supported letting his mentor go. Ross most likelyi Continue reading
The current Dolphins organization is a rudderless mess!
–If Stephen Ross wants to fire somebody, he should start by firing himself. I am not saying he should sell the team (that’s unrealistic) but Ross shouldn’t have control over what goes on in this organization. Ross rarely spends any time in Miami so he has no REAL idea of what the Miami Dolphins team is doing. Ross needs to hire somebody (QUALIFIED) to be the head of all football operations. NOT his ‘buddy’ Carl Petersen but NOT somebody who knows nothing about football either. Ross needs eyes/ears IN MIAMI that the GM and coach can report to because, right now, there doesn’t seem to be a ‘master plan’.
–Putting the competency/effectiveness of Ireland and Philbin aside (more on their individual failures in a moment) this year’s Miami Dolphins is the PERFECT example of why you don’t keep the prior GM and hire a new coach. Ireland’s player acquisitions OFF the field didn’t seem to mesh AT ALL with what Philbin was trying to do ON thefield.Trading up to #3 to select Dion Jordan withnospot Continue reading
Warning: It is recommended that you do not eat up to 24 hours before reading this article. And even then, it is advised you have plenty of Pepto Bismol and a bucket ready. Proceed at your own risk.
I’ll get to the bigger picture stuff at the end, but here are my observations from the Miami Dolphins’ disappointing Week 10 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers…
- If Ryan Tannehill was a western, he’d be The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. He was able to find a rapport with slot man Rishard Matthews to the tune of 11 completions and two scores, but aside from that this was another disappointing and concerning performance. Even when he’s not pressured, Tannehill appears jittery in the pocket, he doesn’t even see open receivers and his accuracy beyond 10 yards might be among the worst in the NFL. He has no chemistry with Mike Wallace, constantly underthrowing him or leading him out of bounds. And another thing that just baffles me is his reluctance to use his legs even when an opportunity presents itself. Every broadcastwe hearabouthow Continue reading