- Fins lose preseason game to Panthers 31-30 However, the Dolphin starters were dominate and took a 14-0 lead before they were pulled
- S Delmas lost for season Louis Delmas tore is ACL in practice with the Panthers
- Dolphins lose in preseason to Bears Miami's starters looked great, but the backups dropped to the Bears, 27-10
- Parker's return still uncertain WR Devante Parker is not sure if he will be ready for the season opener
Talent at receiver may already be there for Fins
The fact that we did not draft any receivers this year makes me think that Miami believes in the guys they currently have on their roster.
Wait you counter, “What about red zone targets?!?!? Wallace, Gibson, and Hartline are all under 6’2.” Well….
- Brian Tyms is 6’3
- Armon Binns is 6’3
- Jeff Fuller is 6’4
Miami could very well already have their red zone threat on the roster.
I do not expect Miami to keep more than 5 active receivers on their roster. Especially with a guy like TE Dustin Keller, who is more of a receiving threat than a blocking threat.
So you have:
Those guys are obviously locks. That leaves two spots.
Reports out of south Florida indicate that the coaching staff is high on last year’s draft pick Rishard Matthews, and I think he has a shot to make the team. I also read that the Fins are VERY high on Armon Binns and want to give him a chance to prove himself.
Either way, coach Philbin has had success developing talent at thereceiverpositioninGreen Bay. I want to see if he can develop a guy like Matthews or Binns in Miami.Keep in mind that the receiver position is usually the slowest position to develop in the NFL. Hence you have to give some talent a chance to develop. Just my opinion, but Philbin could be waiting for some of these receivers to begin to rise up.All in all, we may not be as bad off at the receiver position as some fans think we are.
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at http://www.finnation.com/Forums/
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Count down to Dolphin roster cuts - August 19, 2015
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014