- Tanny and Fins BEAT down the Texans QB Tannehill sets an NFL completion record at 25 in a row as the Fins whip the Texans 44-26
- Dan Campbell replaces Philbin TE coach Dan Campbell is named interim head coach after Joe Philbin is let go
- Fins lose preseason game to Panthers 31-30 However, the Dolphin starters were dominate and took a 14-0 lead before they were pulled
- S Delmas lost for season Louis Delmas tore is ACL in practice with the Panthers
Mailbag mid-preseason edition
Q. Is the Dolphins season over with Keller being gone?
A. No. If an injury to one player (who isn’t an elite QB) ends your season, you weren’t very good to begin with.
Make no mistake though, this injury hurts…BIG TIME. I think this injury could be as big if not bigger than an injury to Wallace. Wallace’s outside speed would require a CB and a safety for coverage, allowing a lot of room in the middle of the field. Dustin Keller would of been invaluable there. Miami just lost 8 plus TDs easy.
We can only hope that Michael Egnew and/or Dion Sims steps up.
Q. Will the Fins make a trade for a TE?
A. We cannot rule that out. Ireland has been known to wheel and deal. But I think the Fins might wait to see who all gets cut by other teams first.
Q. What is up with Miami’s RB(runningbacks)?
A. I’m not sure what you mean by that. If you are talking about why we haven’t seen more of Lamar Millerinpreseason,I am questioning that too. I understand wanting to keephim healthy. But he was used very sparingly last year. This year, in 3 preseason games only 9 carries? We want to see more of him.As for the backup, Daniel Thomas has come on strong the last few games…..strong enough that not only does he make the roster and the backup spot, but he is making a push for a lot more playing time.With Lamar’s injury concerns, I could see the Fins also keeping Gillislee and Gray on the 53 man roster.
Q. Biggest surprise and biggest disappointment?
–John, St. Mary’s Florida
A. I’m assuming you mean pleasant surprise? That would have to be CB Will Davis. I wasn’t thrilled when Miami traded back up in the draft to get him. But he is turning out to be a solid pick. He still gets beat some, but the playmaking potential is there and ready to be unleased. He just needs some more NFL experience.
Biggest disappointment would be the continued problems along the offensive line. Namely, who do the Dolphins have to bribe, frame, or kill to get a decent RG? And the overall OL depth is a bit scary.
The depth at LB should be a concern too. LB Jelani Jenkins hasn’t shown anything.
Join us on our message board and share your thoughts at FinNation Forums
Join us on Twitter at @FinNation
Latest posts by James Lancaster (see all)
- Count down to Dolphin roster cuts - August 19, 2015
- Entering offseason, have the Fins addressed their issues? - May 21, 2015
- Training Camp Begins! - July 26, 2014